Monday 30 July 2012

Sister Act




I've seen this film loads of times and I was so excited when I found out it was a musical on stage and we were going to see it!

The story (for those of you who haven't lived) is:

When disco diva Deloris Van Cartier witnesses a murder, she is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won't be found - a convent!
Disguised as a nun she makes the wrong impression on the convent's strict Mother Superior. But when she transforms the convent's choir into the most glorious new musical act in town, Deloris forms a lasting bond with her newfound friends and the gang that's chasing her finds itself up against an unstoppable team of soulful sisters!


Our seats were amazing! We were in the Circle and we could see everything happening on stage.
I didn't know how they were going to do all the different locations, but they did it much better than I could ever have.
Altogether it was 10/10!


But this post is mostly about...


The film
VS
The stage production


What was the same?
The story was basically exactly the same. 
Most of the names of people were the same and there weren't many characters added in the stage production.

Different?
I thought that the stage production was actually a lot funnier.
They changed 'Vince' to 'Curtis.'
The gang was three people instead of two but they were really funny. They were all completely different people and they seemed more funny than dangerous. They made the show funnier than the film.
There were more jokes in the show and the whole audience were laughing a lot.

Recommend?
I don't know. If you buy the DVD then it's a lot less and you can watch it again and again but I really enjoyed the stage production as well.

I can't really explain it.
Watch and see for yourself!


1 comment:

  1. I love sister act the movie! The show sounded good, I'm glad you enjoyed your self :)


    xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you see a spelling mistake, typing error, want to give me feedback on my blog or you just want to ask me something about the post just comment below!

I will try to answer your questions ASAP!

I will take in your feedback so my blog can be the best it can be!

Just comment below!